Class of 2023: The Highs and Lows of Senior Year

Pameshwar Seeram, Senior Section Editor

With 2022 coming to an end, and December right around the corner, many of the seniors are starting to feel the excitement and hype, as the countdown to graduation is approaching rapidly. We all know the senior class can’t wait to leave Eagle and do bigger things, but their senior year involves many college applications and career decisions that can be very nervewracking. I decided to ask a couple of the seniors how their senior year is progressing, with all the things they have to get done and with all the traditions they will be doing for the last time at Eagle.

How was the Shut In / College Application event during the half day?

Harry Samo: The shut in was good. I felt like it helped lead a lot of our classmates on the right path.

Bevon Mckoy:  The event was very informative. I learned how the college process works.

Devone Bogie: The event was a learning experience where it showed how the college process works and how this would effect me later on.

Ethan Coore: It was good and impactful. A lot of information that needed a lot of focus.

Nasir Banks: It was very informative for me and I gained a lot of confidence out of it.

What have you learned about the college process?

Harry Samo: I have learned that the college process can be very stressful with deadlines, but relieving when done.

Bevon Mckoy: I learned what apps and websites will help me apply to college.

Devone Bogie: I learned what programs and applications will allow me to apply to college, and the steps I have to take to apply to the different colleges I have in mind.

Ethan Coore: The college process isn’t hard. Once you get the FAFSA and your essay out of the way, everything is smooth sailing.

Nasir Banks: I learned what college I want to go to and how to differentiate how schools are better and/or lacking compared to others.

How have college visits / rep visits changed or swayed your mind on college? For example, career choice, majors, etc.

Harry Samo: College reps and visits made me see what schools are right for me and what I want the community around me to feel like.

Bevon Mckoy: College visits helped me to learn the difference between colleges, and find the one that suits my academic goals.

Devone Bogie: College visits have shifted me to the difference between colleges, and the ones that suit my academic and athletic goals.

Ethan Coore: They helped open a new outlet to higher education and was an inspiration to our school for us to succeed.

Nasir Banks: How big campuses and class room sizes are. How the schools make a impact on lives and careers.

How was the Giving of Thanks? Will you miss it?

Harry Samo: The Giving of Thanks was fun, seeing everyone get along and hangout. I will miss it and most likely return.

Bevon Mckoy: The Giving of Thanks can be described as good, great food, with family.

Devone Bogie: Thanksgiving at the school was a great experience: great food, great vibes, and all around amazing experiences. I will definitely miss it.

Ethan Coore: Yes I will miss it, because the food they served us was delicious. So I will definitely miss it for the food, but also the experience with my peers.

Nasir Banks: I will miss Giving of Thanks. It’s something cool that we all can experience and it bonds all of the brothers together.

How do you feel now that 2022 is coming to an end?

Harry Samo: I’m happy the year is coming to an end, but I’m anxious to get my diploma and go to college.

Bevon Mckoy: I feel excited for me and my brothers to succeed in the future.

Devone Bogie: I feel excited for me and my fellow brothers, as I know we will succeed in the future and the steps i have to take become successful myself.

Ethan Coore: It’s kind of exhilarating to think I’m gonna start college soon and graduate high school. It’s the home stretch and I can’t wait to see what life has in store for me.

Nasir Banks: I feel kind of happy, ’cause it’s my last year, but upset because I might not see some of my friends anymore. Overall it’s a very emotional time as it’s my last year is coming to an end.