C.L.E.A.R. Voices

The Student News Site of Eagle Academy Bronx

C.L.E.A.R. Voices

C.L.E.A.R. Voices

Welcome Eagle to the 2023-2024 School Year

A welcome back article from Hunter Reynolds (Graduating Class of 2025)

Welcome back Eagle scholars, students, and educators! Cheers to the start of the new school year, and congratulations to the graduating class of 2024. Summer was great but it’s time to get back to our books and mathematical thinking. This year we will continue to soar through the school hallways, making sure our grades and credits are up.

Today I spoke to a few of our Eagle Scholars and one educator about what they are looking forward to in the new school year. “I look forward to passing my classes and regents test this year and studying to improve on my work,” said Nazaiah Prescott (Class of 2025). “What I’m looking forward to this school year is fun stuff, no fights, and a safe school year,” said Vonte Murray Jr (Class of 2026). Mekhi Adamson (Class of 2026) said, “I’m looking forward to passing all of my classes.” Special Education and math teacher Mr. Mercer stated he is hoping for “a year of respect, progress, and joy.” As for myself, I want to “make sure I am improving in each class I take, make relationships with all of my teachers and fellow peers, and by make the school society a better place,” Hunter Reynolds (Class of 2025).

Just one announcement, for those that don’t know, the student newspaper is a program that gives students an opportunity to speak their mind, whether it’s problems we face in the real world or problems in the school society, everyone gets a chance to speak. The student newspaper is like a Socratic seminar, everyone has their own say and whether you believe or disbelieve, everyone is entitled to their very own opinions and thoughts. If you are interested in joining, see Ms. Elena in room 218 to sign up. Good luck this year to all, and in the words of Harold Brown, “I’m an Eagle at heart.”