C.L.E.A.R. Voices

The Student News Site of Eagle Academy Bronx

C.L.E.A.R. Voices

C.L.E.A.R. Voices

Senior Convocation 2023

A summary of Senior Convocation

Good Afternoon Eagle Scholars and Educators. Congratulations to the class of 2024 for officially receiving their blazers at Convocation! Senior Convocation is a ceremony that is a “rite of passage” for our high school seniors who have succeeded in receiving all 4 high school ties, and are on track to graduate at the end of the year. Convocation is a great way to show the lower grades that the more you study, see the value of school, keep up with your credits, get to school on time, everything good you do in school will eventually return back to you but with a big celebration acknowledging our senior brothers who are striving for greatness. Eagle’s 2023 Convocation took place on Friday October 27th. The gym was decorated with balloons, a stage at the front of the gym, a DJ spinning music and families in attendance. The DJ had the mood set! Student governement helped to escort parents to their seats and hand out programs.

From the moment Convocation started, there was nothing but good energy, positive spirits, and lots of great surprises. A few Eagle alumni teachers came to support our seniors like Mr. Joseph, and Ms. Arthur. Shout out to all the teachers who helped organize to make sure our Seniors felt amazing about themselves. Most of all, shout out to the moms, dads, father figures and mother figures who stuck with their children, made sure they were making them proud in and out of school and supporting them unconditionally.

Today, I spoke to a few seniors and a few students about Convocation. Vonte Murray Jr. (Class of 2026) said, “I liked when the Seniors were standing loud and proud, and they were showing me and my other peers that they were ready to graduate.” Freshman Sellase Sunu (Class of 2027) stated, “I liked the way the Seniors presented themselves and how calm and collected the ceremony was. It was very inspirational and made me want to do my best.” Senior Sylvester Davis (Class of 2024) said of the event, “We made it to the finish line, got our blazers and also our parents got to witness the great celebration.” As we move into the holiday season, it has been exciting to see our Seniors walking around school wearing their blazers proudly. They continue to serve as role models to the rest of the school community and lead by example. We are all looking forward to watching them graduate in the spring. Eagle UP!