C.L.E.A.R. Voices

The Student News Site of Eagle Academy Bronx

C.L.E.A.R. Voices

C.L.E.A.R. Voices

Eagle’s First Ever Pep Rally

An Eagle first is sure to become a new tradition
Eagles First Ever Pep Rally
On November 28th 2023, Eagle had its first ever pep rally. A pep rally is an event where we get to celebrate all our scholar/athletes big and small. The event helped us get our scholar/athletes ready to fight in the battlefield, so they can bring every trophy, medal, and everything good under the sun back to the Eagle nest. For the first time in Eagle history, we had our middle school and high school all in one room making the gym a big, festive celebration. Prizes were given out to students, such as, sneakers, basketballs, shirts, and game tickets to a junior varsity and our very own two-time Borough champions Varsity A, led by Coach Rose. What was truly amazing was that brotherhood was celebrated as evidenced by our young men sitting in their respective Clemente, “Che” Guevara, Malcolm X, and Obama houses! Everyone was live and present, down to our school administrators and faculty. Sports teams all over our school were celebrated, like middle school flag football ran by Mr. Garcia, soccer team ran by Mr. Seka, middle school basketball by Mr. Cadiz, and our New York City champs wrestling team run by Coach Khoury and Coach McGarry. Our Eagle mascot was also in appearance and was going crazy with the dance moves to get the crowd hyped.
This Pep Rally showed us that you can be a part of something good, be great at it, and be celebrated for it.  One student, graduating class of 2026, who was in the audience reported, “It was surprising, I did not expect a mascot to come out. It was something new, something different. It was a good opportunity to spend time with my friends. And seeing every athlete introduced, I can put a face to a name.” One of our scholar/athletes reported after the pep rally, “I felt happy because we got to be introduced to everybody, and some people didn’t know I was on the wrestling team. I felt confident because I had my friends on the wrestling team there with me,” said John Ferguson, graduating class of 2030. “It was a nice way to come together as an Eagle family. It was nice to show off the new Eagle gear like the basketball uniforms. They introduced each person, and it made me feel good. Everyone yelled when they called my name. It’s a nice Eagle tradition that I think they should do again,” reported Omari Ellis, graduating class of 2026.
Spirit week is also ahead of us – starting on December 18th and ending December 22nd – so make sure you come to school and show your spirit. For more details about the Student Newspaper see Ms. Elena in room 218 for more information.